Alstom is a French transportation conglomerate. It was included on the United Nations OHCHR’s list of business enterprises active in Israel’s illegal settlements, based on stolen Palestinian land. WhoProfits report that Alstom is involved in the construction and operation of the Jerusalem Light Rail project, directly as well as through its fully owned subsidiary, Citadis Israel, which is the maintenance contractor for the project. The JLR project contravenes international law since it solidifies Israel’s grip on occupied Palestinian land, including East Jerusalem.
- Campaigns Continue to Demand an End to LGPS Complicity in Israel’s Human Rights Abuses
- LGPS Funds Continue to Invest £4.6BN in Companies Complicit in Israel’s Abuses of Palestinian Rights
- Scheme Members and Campaigners Demand Justice
- The Complicity of the LGPS in Israel’s Violations of International Law Webinar
- New research reveals LGPS funds invest over £4.4 billion in companies complicit in Israel’s human rights abuses