According to Investigate, a project by the American Friends Service Committee “An Israeli pharmaceutical company, the the world’s largest generic drug manufacturer. Part of an oligopoly of companies who benefit from selling to the Palestinian captive market.” The company enjoys easy access to the Palestinian market, free of customs and checkpoint, e.g. change of trucks at cargo checkpoints. Teva’s agents do not have to amend any of their products in order to sell them in the OPT. Thus, the company can sell drugs that are not labeled in Arabic. Teva meets little to no competition from the cheaper generic drug industry, as a result of the Israeli Ministry of Health restrictions on drug registration in Israel and their enforcement on the Palestinian market.
- Campaigns Continue to Demand an End to LGPS Complicity in Israel’s Human Rights Abuses
- LGPS Funds Continue to Invest £4.6BN in Companies Complicit in Israel’s Abuses of Palestinian Rights
- Scheme Members and Campaigners Demand Justice
- The Complicity of the LGPS in Israel’s Violations of International Law Webinar
- New research reveals LGPS funds invest over £4.4 billion in companies complicit in Israel’s human rights abuses